Tropical World at Roundhay Park is one of Leeds’ most popular family attractions. It is home to an impressive collection of animals.
Explore the world at Tropical World
There are seven zones in Tropical World that you can explore:
- A Butterfly House
- An Atrium with fish tanks and a crocodile enclosure
- The Australasian house, with exotic birds, plants and flowers
- Creature corner which has exotic reptiles and insects
- The South American House- with exotic birds, plants and flowers
- The Desert House - home to our meerkats, along with birds, cacti and succulents
- The Nocturnal Zone, which is home to Egyptian fruit bats, pygmy slow lorises and tenrecs.
- We also have lemurs, cotton topped tamarins and golden lion tamarins.
Summer: 10am until 6pm (last admission at 5.30pm)
Winter: 10am until 4pm (last admission at 3.30pm)
- Adults: £3.40
- LeedsCard £2.70
- ‘Extra’ cardholders £1.70
- Breezecard £1.70
- 5-15 year olds £2.30
- Under 5s Free
Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
Telephone 0113 3957400. (10am - 4pm.)
Educational visits and group bookings
School groups are permitted free entry into Tropical World but it is essential that you book in advance to ensure you get a slot. A teacher's pack and draft risk assessment are also available to download at the bottom of the page.
There are also education rooms available at the Mansion house in Roundhay Park which are free for schools but which must be booked in advance. To book an educational/group visit along with education rooms please complete and return the booking form to the right hand side of this page.
For more information telphone 0113 3957400.
Tropical World Shop
WHy not visit our newly refurbished shop. We sell souvenirs and gifts for all ages, from toy snakes to musical instruments, in theTropical World shop. We also offer pre-made goodie bags tailored to your specifications, perfect for parties and group visits.
Telephone: 0113 2370754.
The Explorers Café, which is next to Tropical World in the Canal gardens, provides a selection of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, snacks and cakes. There is also a TV screen so you can watch the meerkats play whilst you enjoy the tasty ranges of organic and fair trade produce available.
Café Opening times
Winter: 10.30am - 4pm Monday to Sunday
Summer: 10.30am – 4.30 weekdays, 10.30 – 5pm on weekends.
For more information please contact the café on – 0113 2370495.