Pudsey community park is the second most visited park in Leeds and is situated about 5 miles west of the city centre. It is approximately 3 hectares in size but is packed with things to see and do! In recognition of its quality it has been presented with a Green Flag award for excellence.
Church Lane, Pudsey, Leeds, LS28
Things to do
- Bowling green
- Skate park
- Visitor centre
- Events in school holidays and some weekends
- Classroom/meeting room
- Cafe kiosk serving light refreshments
- We aim to open the visitor centre and toilets every week day (except Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year's Day) from 10am - 3.00pm. However, opening hours vary due to staff availability so please call to check we are open before making a trip.
- The visitor centre is also open when events are being held on weekends.
- The cafe kiosk is run privately and the opening hours do not follow a set pattern.
- The park is level in most places and so is easy to get around for pushchairs and wheelchairs.
- The new visitor centre is also easily accessible and there is an accessible toilet.
The West Leeds Country Park visitor centre
The visitor centre is dedicated to the wildlife of west Leeds, containing freshwater fish, native mammals and birds. Wildlife displays include a rabbit warren and a stone-built barn housing brown rats.
- For more information about Parks and Countryside Events, download the leaflet from the documents section of this page.
- Events will also be advertised by poster on site.
Pudsey park visitor centre - tel: 0113 255 1334
Parks and Countryside switchboard – tel: 0113 395 7400
Leeds City Council main switchboard – tel: 0113 222 4444
Parks Watch (24 hour helpline) – tel: 0113 232 9973
Dog Wardens – tel: 0113 222 4407
Bowls Club, tel (0113) 257 2654
Please note that the Parks and Countryside's Head Office main reception telephone number 0113 3957400 is staffed from 8.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am - 4.00pm on a Friday. Outside of these hours you can leave a message on the answerphone.