Increasingly, organisations such as businesses, charities and public sector organisations are choosing group volunteering as a team building exercise with a difference.
Our parks and countryside service offer a wide range of corporate volunteering opportunities for businesses and groups who are keen to improve their local environment.
We manage around 4000 hectares of green spaces across the city, including:
- 6 city parks including Roundhay, Temple Newsam and Lotherton
- 62 community parks such as Harehills, Cross Flatts and Pudsey park.
- 1200 hectares of woodland
- 47 cemeteries and churchyards
- 180 nature areas including Otley Chevin, Middleton Woods and Meanwood Valley.
- 97 allotment sites
- 500 miles of public rights of way
We also manage many more sites including golf courses, sports pitches, bowling greens, pocket parks, war memorials and a plant nursery.
With this in mind, you can be sure there will always be something to suit your organisation. Tasks can include:
- Wildlife conservation such as tree planting, pond clearance or wildflower meadow maintenance
- Parks management such as planting flowers, painting playgrounds, pruning, weeding and mulching.
- Rights of way maintenance such as path resurfacing, constructing steps or cutting back.
- Allotment clearance to enable more communities to grow food locally.
We provide a professionally led, safe, flexible and highly enjoyable experience. Tools, training, and refreshments are provided on the day.
For more information and to find out about some volunteer tasks that have taken place over the last couple of years, see the newsletters in the Documents section on this page.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the parks and countryside rangers on 0113 3367548 or 0113 3957457.