The Arts Floor
The Arts Floor is on the 1st floor of Central library and includes the Music and Performing Arts Library, the Art library, Studio 12 and the Exhibition Space.
Music and Performing Arts Library
- This library features a wide and diverse collection of music including books, journals, music scores, sheet music and orchestral sets for loan covering all aspects of music including theory, composers, instruments, popular and classical music.
- We also stock over 12,000 CD’s for you to hire - pop, rock, jazz, classical, chamber, opera to musicals, world music, instrumental and much more.
- Drama Collection holds a substantial collection of drama performance sets to support local drama groups, theatre companies and students as well as a small collection of material relating to the performing arts. A catalogue of the plays we have available can be found by clicking on the 'Documents'. CD Central. We have a space dedicated to the promotion of local music, featuring CD’s produced by local bands and artists plus free music literature and information about local music events.
- The Art library has 25,000 books for loan on all aspects of art and design including painting, sculpture, crafts and architecture plus a wide range of current and historic journals, dictionaries, exhibition catalogues and sales guides.
- The friendly and knowledgeable staff will be happy to help you find the book you need or answer your enquiry. They can also arrange tours of the library and arrange talks about stock and services for students and interested groups.
- The Art Library is a member of LALIC (Leeds Art Libraries in Co-operation), along with Leeds College of Art, Leeds Metropolitan University, The University of Leeds, and The Henry Moore Institute. A list of the arts journals held by member libraries can be found by clicking on the 'Documents' tab.