You can join the library easily and quickly by calling in to any of our libraries or filling in our online joining form.
Our online joining form is now available using the 'Join a library' link in 'Top Tasks'. The information you provide will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, this information will be kept confidential and will only be used for the administration of your Active Card membership and to monitor the performance of the services we provide.
- Joining is completely free. If you join in your local library please bring in proof of your ID and address. If you join online your card will be posted to you on completion of the online form. You then need to just bring your card into any of our libraries in Leeds, with one of the following pieces of ID so that we can verify your address :-
- Driving Licence
- A recent utility bill
- Bank or building society statement
- Tenancy agreement
- Benefits letter
- A library card from another authority (Universal library card)
- An official letter
- If your information changes you can update your records by contacting us at any of our libraries or by e-mailing email@example.com
- Membership benefits, all FREE, include: loan of 20 books for an initial period of 3 weeks; bookable computers with internet access; online resources from home, downloadable eBooks and eAudio.
- You can use your Active Card in any of our branches right across Leeds including the large central library in the city centre.
- You can also register your Active Card at any leisure centre to enable online bookings.