We provide a comprehensive one-stop information service to support all your business and intellectual property (IP) needs. Whether you’re an existing business, a business start-up, an entrepreneur, an inventor or wish to become self-employed we have information for you.
Services and Resources
- business to business mailing lists
- company information and accounts
- market research reports including Mintel and Key Note
- business information factsheets available in the library or at home or work
- guidance on protecting your products and services with patents, trade marks, registered designs and copyright
- guidance on how to avoid infringing other people’s intellectual property rights
- patent and trademark search service
- FREE online resources available at home or work through library membership including COBRA – complete business reference advisor and British Standards.
Networking and events
- free confidential consultation with specialist Business & IP Centre staff
- free confidential consultations with registered CIPA patent and trade mark attorneys
- free business start-up workshops at our Enterprise Club
- free access to meetings of the Leeds inventors group.
The Business & IP Centre, Leeds is part of the Business & IP Centre network, supporting small businesses and entrepreneurs by providing access to a comprehensive collection of business information, intellectual property support, workshops, 1 to 1 advice and mentoring opportunities. A collaboration between the British Library and six Core City Libraries in England (Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, and Sheffield), the Business & IP Centre network aims to open up business resources to communities throughout the country, and is supported by the Intellectual Property Office, DCLG and Arts Council through direct funding and via the Enterprising Libraries project.
Enterprising Libraries will draw on the Business & IP Centre, Leeds's role as a community hub to spark local economic growth and improve social mobility in local communities across the Yorkshire and Humber region, embedding the library as a trusted centre of business support and creating entrepreneurial opportunities for people of all backgrounds.
For further information about Business Start Ups, Market Research, Mailing Lists and Patent and Trademarks look in the 'Documents' section of this page.