You can contact our customer services team using our Facebook
accounts. They respond to queries from both accounts between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays and public holidays).
If you contact us during these times we will reply as soon as possible, there could be delays on some requests whilst we investigate but we will keep you updated.
We will always do our best to help, but sometimes we may be unable to formally act upon and respond to notifications of problems such as road defects, missed rubbish collections or complaints using these channels. We will respond with a link to the relevant web page.
We hope that all discussions on our social networks will be good mannered. All abusive material or messages of a personal nature will be removed.
Our use of social media
We are aiming to be a social media friendly organisation. More information about what this means can be found in our sociable organisation principles in the Documents section on this page. We are also telling the story of how we are trying to be more social media friendly in our Sociable Organisation blog
We have developed social media guidance for our staff which is helping us to be more social media friendly. We are happy for other organisations to use it too if they wish. It is available in the Documents section on this page - approved social media guidance.
Our social media accounts:
We operate a number of different Twitter accounts across our services. There are, however, three main accounts. These are:
- helps with general queries about council services
- sharing information on things like road closures and major events which may affect people in Leeds.
Our other official Twitter accounts are listed below:
- increasing sport and physical activity opportunities for women across Leeds
- artefact and art loan service for all Local Authority schools. 10,000 things, endless opportunities, fantastic teaching and learning
- council and NHS project bringing together Assistive Technology and independent living services and resources under one roof for the people of Leeds
- info for start-ups, enterprise, inventors on patents, trademarks, market research etc. @BetterLivesLDS
- adult social care services working together to shape the future of care and support in Leeds
- bringing the best events, offers and opportunities for young people in Leeds
- Carriage Works theatre specialises in family shows, comedy and performance
- working to bring everyone together to make Leeds a child friendly city
- helping to create a skilled workforce for your business with local talent, recruitment, apprentices
@EuropeDirect - interface between the EU and people at local level
- we urgently need adopters & foster carers to make a difference for young people
- will provide support for people of any age or ability to live an active lifestyle@HomeFarmTN
- rare breed cattle, sheep, pigs & poultry to see. Events throughout the year@HousingLeeds
– promoting tenant involvement and updates affecting council housing
- all things markets@LeedsMuseums
- tweets from Leeds Museums and Galleries @LeedsObserv
- a resource for anyone looking to find more about communities and geographies in Leeds@LeedsParks
- parks, woodlands, nature reserves and everything that goes on in them!@leedsprshousing
- improving standards in privately rented property @LeedsRLWC
- showing the world how much Leeds loves rugby!@LeedsTownHall
- opened in 1858, hosting live music, comedy, films, events and entertainment@LeedsWasteDocs
- waste doctors on hand to help and support new bin services
- young people in Leeds making decisions on matters affecting our city
- outdoor public space and live entertainment venue@PHRCLeeds
- public health information and resources
- social inclusion programme using sport, art and alternative activities for young people in Leeds@RecoveryLeeds
- helping to build and promote visible recovery
- Leeds journey to become a restorative city@RunLeeds
- Leeds half marathon and corporate challenge
- councillor led process reviewing decisions and policies of the council and other public bodies@SouthLeedsHub
- venue for young people in south Leeds@TempleNewsam
- historic house, gardens, golf course and rare breed farm @TropWorldLeeds
- tweets and information from the wonderful Tropical World@WrapUpLeeds
- heat your home for less
Our main Facebook account
is used to answer customer queries about our services, and to promote key news and events.