You can contact our customer services team using our Facebook
accounts. We respond to queries from both accounts between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays and public holidays).
If you contact us during these times we will reply as soon as possible, usually within an hour.
We will always do our best to help, but sometimes we may be unable to formally act upon some enquiries using these channels. If that's the case, we will respond with a link to the relevant web page or provide contact details for the most appropriate department.
We hope that all discussions on our social networks will be good mannered. All abusive material or messages of a personal nature will be removed.
Our use of social media
We are aiming to be a social media friendly organisation. Enquiries received via or corporate Facebook and Twitter accounts are taken just as seriously as if they were a phone call, email, letter, web chat or face to face appointment. More information about what this means can be found in our sociable organisation principles in the Documents section on this page.
We have developed social media guidance for our staff which is helping us to be more social media friendly. We are happy for other organisations to use it too if they wish. It is available in the Documents section on this page - approved social media guidance.
Our social media accounts:
We operate a number of different Twitter accounts across our services. There are, however, three main accounts. These are:
- Community Committees account
- increasing sport and physical activity opportunities for women across Leeds
- artefact and art loan service for all Local Authority schools. 10,000 things, endless opportunities, fantastic teaching and learning
- business and intellectual property centre
- adult social care services working together to shape the future of care and support in Leeds
- bringing the best events, offers and opportunities for young people in Leeds
- Carriage Works theatre specialises in family shows, comedy and performance
- working to bring everyone together to make Leeds a child friendly city
- we urgently need adopters & foster carers to make a difference for young people
- will provide support for people of any age or ability to live an active lifestyle@HomeFarmTN
- rare breed cattle, sheep, pigs & poultry to see. Events throughout the year@HousingLeeds
– promoting tenant involvement and updates affecting council housing
- Hyde Park Neighbourhood Programme tackling issues related to community safety, environment, parking and health@Intl_Rel_Leeds
- coordinating international activity, working with partners across the city
- all things markets@LeedsMuseums
- tweets from Leeds Museums and Galleries @LeedsObserv
- a resource for anyone looking to find more about communities and geographies in Leeds@LeedsParks
- parks, woodlands, nature reserves and everything that goes on in them!
- maintaining and promoting footpaths, bridleways and byways@leedsprshousing
- improving standards in privately rented property @LeedsRLWC
- showing the world how much Leeds loves rugby!
- young people in Leeds making decisions on matters affecting our city
- outdoor public space and live entertainment venue@PHRCLeeds
- public health information and resources
- social inclusion programme using sport, art and alternative activities for young people in Leeds
- Leeds journey to become a restorative city
- councillor led process reviewing decisions and policies of the council and other public bodies@SouthLeedsHub
- venue for young people in south Leeds
- Striker football @Studio12Leeds
- an audio visual media project providing free access to a production studio, training and accredited qualifications@TempleNewsam
- historic house, gardens, golf course and rare breed farm @TropWorldLeeds
- tweets and information from the wonderful Tropical World
Our main Facebook account
is used to answer customer queries about our services, and to promote key news and events.