What you can report to us
You can contact us using the details below to report your concerns about:
- fraud, corruption, bribery or blackmail at the council.
- legal or statutory duties that we aren't carrying out.
- a council officer or councillor who is using their position of authority at the council in the wrong way, for example to gain personal benefit.
How to report your concerns
You can report your concerns to us by:
- calling the whistleblowing hotline on (0113) 2474645.
- writing to the Fraud and Corruption Team, Internal Audit, 3rd Floor West, Civic Hall, Leeds, LS1 1JF.
- completing the whistleblowing referral form in the downloads section and emailing it to us at email@example.com.
- using the contact us section at the bottom of the page.
All referrals will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How we handle your concerns
- take your concerns seriously.
- treat the information that you give us as confidential.
- contact you within 10 working days to let you know how we will handle your concern.
- protect council employees from being victimised for whistleblowing in good faith.
Our policies for reporting suspected fraud and corruption
We have two policies that explain more about how we handle your suspicions about fraud and corruption at the council.
- The raising concerns policy is for people outside of the council.
- The whistleblowing policy is for council employees and members.
You can find a copy of both of these policies in the downloads section below.