The Public Transport Improvements and Developer Contributions Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) sets out the circumstances and basis for obtaining financial contributions for improvements to public transport infrastructure from developments. This includes:
• When a planning application for new development in Leeds will be required to make a contribution towards public transport improvements.
• What level and type of contribution will be required
• What legal and financial procedures will be place to regulate the contributions made.
• Minimum accessibility standards for development.
• The range of public transport infrastructure improvements for which contributions will be used.
Leeds City Council adopted the SPD on 21 July 2008. Appendix 1 of the adopted SPD was updated as part of the 2011 Local Development Framework Annual Monitoring Review.
If you have any queries please let us know using the Contact us tab above.