What can I do?
Advance preparation can help minimise the effects of a major emergency on you and your family. There are a number of things you can do to prepare: (see the Documents section on this page)
- Read our Emergency Planning Information brochure.
- Prepare a household emergency plan using our template
- Find out more about your local emergency services
- Learn about your home - how to turn off the power and water supplies. Involve your family or household, so they know too.
- Store important documents safely, and take copies.
In addition, you could learn some basic First Aid - visit the St Johns Ambulance website for more information.