The Localism Act 2011 introduces statutory Neighbourhood Planning in England. It enables communities to draw up a Neighbourhood Plan for their area and is intended to give communities more of a say in the development of their local area.
These plans will be used to decide the future of the places where you live and work giving opportunities to:
- choose where you want new homes, shops and offices to be built
- have your say on what new buildings should look like
- grant planning permission for the new buildings you want
Applying for Designation
Application requirements as follows:
Parished Areas only need apply for area designation using the Neighbourhood Area Application Form.
Non-parished areas must apply for both area and Forum designation. This can be done in one of two ways;
- Joint Neighbourhood Area and Neighbourhood Forum application (apply for both at the same time) or
- Two separate applications (Neighbourhood Area followed by Neighbourhood Forum)
Please complete one of the following forms as appropriate;
- Neighbourhood Area Application Form (for non-parished areas)
- Neighbourhood Forum Application Form (for non-parished areas that been designated Neighbourhood Areas)
- Neighbourhood Area and Forum Application Form (for non-parished areas making a joint application)
Please spend time looking over each form before deciding which is/are relevant to you.
It is not a requirement to use the forms. However, if you choose not to, please ensure your application includes similar information.
If you need advice on any aspect of designation please contact the Neighbourhood Planning Team on 0113 247 8079.
The City Council have received an application from Rothwell Interim Neighbourhood Forum to be designated as a neighbourhood forum.
The consultation period runs from Friday 14th November to Friday 26th December
Designation will allow the forum to prepare a Neighbourhood plan for the area. Specifically seeking comments from those who live work or do business in the area.
A plan showing the proposed area of designation along with a response form are available from the documents area to the left of the page.
Please send us your comments either by:
Post: Chief Planning Officer, Neighbourhood Planning Team, City Development, Leonardo Building, 2 Rossington Street, Leeds, LS2 8HD
Comments should be received no later than 5:00pm
on the final day of consultation.
Please note that if the Council determines to make the Neighbourhood Forum designation no other organisation or body may be designated for the Neighbourhood Area until that designation expires or is withdrawn.
The documents can be viewed from the documents area on the left of this page. Please click on 'documents' heading for the menu to expand.