Neighbourhood Planning gives communities the right to shape development in their areas through the production of Neighbourhood Development Plans. Neighbourhood Planning is not led by the local authority. Introduced as part of the Localism Act 2011, Neighbourhood Development Plans once made will be used when deciding planning applications.
For links to the websites of Parish Councils and Neighbourhood Forums in Leeds who are preparing plan, please see the documents area on the left of the page.
Applying for Neighbourhood Area and/or Neighbourhood Forum designation
Parished Areas only need apply for area designation.
Non-parished areas must apply for both area and Forum designation. This can be done in one of two ways;
- Joint Neighbourhood Area and Neighbourhood Forum application (apply for both at the same time) or
- Two separate applications (Neighbourhood Area followed by Neighbourhood Forum)
Please complete one of the following forms as appropriate;
- Neighbourhood Area Application Form (for parished and non-parished areas)
- Neighbourhood Forum Application Forum (for non-parished areas that been designated Neighbourhood Areas)
- Neighbourhood Area and Forum Application Form (for non-parished areas making a joint application)
Please spend time looking over each form before deciding which is/are relevant to you.
It is not a requirement to use the forms. However, if you choose not to, please ensure your application includes similar information.
If you need advice on any aspect of designation please contact the Neighbourhood Planning Team on 0113 247 8079.
Current consultations in Leeds
Applications for proposed Interim Seacroft Neighbourhood Forum and Oulton Woodlesford Neighbourhood Area and Forum designations have been received by the Council.
The consultation period commenced on Friday 21st March 2014 for the following areas:
- Oulton and Woodlesford Neighbourhood Area and Forum
- Interim Seacroft Neighbourhood Forum
Consultation closes on Friday 2nd May 2014.
The interim Aireborough Neighbourhood Forum and the interim Headingley Neighbourhood Forum have both made applications for the designation of a neighbourhood forum and neighbourhood area.
The consultation period commenced on Friday 18th April 2014 for:
- Aireborough Neighbourhood Forum
- Interim Headingley Neighbourhood Forum
Consultation closes on Friday 30th May 2014.
Comments should be received no later than 5:00pm on the final day of consultation.
Please note that if the Council determines to make the Neighbourhood Forum designation no other organisation or body may be designated for the Neighbourhood Area until that designation expires or is withdrawn.
The documents can be viewed from the documents area on the left of this page. Please click on 'documents' heading for the menu to expand.