Leeds City Council and West Yorkshire Police operate a warning and informing system, known as Leeds Alert.
This system is free and allows West Yorkshire Police and Leeds City Council to send out emergency alert messages to any businesses or individuals registered with the scheme.
Leeds Alert is there to provide you with the information you will need to help prepare you, your place of work and your family for emergencies and disruptive events.
Our web pages provide supporting information that, together with Leeds Alert, can help you plan and be ready for emergencies.
- Messages can be received on pagers and mobile phones as an SMS text message or email, and also as a text-to-voice message on a landline telephone.
- The Leeds Alert system will only be used in emergency situations and will provide details of the incident and where necessary, may include instructions on how message recipients should respond to the incident.
- Messages can be sent to every message recipient registered, or can be targeted at specific groups, such as all businesses in a particular area/postcode, or a particular type of organisation, as appropriate.
The types of messages received typically include:
- Warnings of severe weather such as snow, gale force winds, storms and flooding
- Notice of disruption due to major events taking place in the city centre
- A range of emergencies where we need you to take action, such as an evacuation
Please click on the link below to go to the Leeds Alert Registration page:
Link to Leeds Alert registration (this will redirect you to our secure Formstack registration site)
You can also follow our Twitter account for updates and notifications @LeedsEmergency