Heat and power your home for less
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Heat and power your home for less

There are schemes and offers available to help increase your home's energy efficiency and reduce your fuel bills. Increasing the efficiency of your home can save you money. There may be grants and subsidies available for owner occupiers, privately renting tenants and private landlords. Some are for the elderly, disabled or those on lower incomes.

More information on what's available is in the drop down headings.

For independent information on saving energy and money in your home visit the Energy Saving Trust website in the external links section or call their helpline on 0300 123 1234.

If you’re interested in finding out what we’re doing across Leeds to deliver carbon reducing projects see our Low Carbon Leeds blog in the external links section.


Click to expandWhite Rose Energy

White Rose Energy is a new energy supplier that has been set up by Leeds City Council in partnership with Robin Hood Energy, to provide residents from across the region with a fairer alternative for their gas and electricity.

For more information visit the White Rose Energy​ webpage.

Click to expandBetter Homes Yorkshire

Better Homes Yorkshire will help you;
-save money on rising gas and electricity bills
-provide warmer and healthier homes for your family to live in 
-improve the appearance of your property 
-reduce draughts and replace old inefficient boilers 
-provide expert energy advice so you use less, waste less and pay less for energy

To find out more about the latest offers and most current Government funding available visit the Better Home website or call one of our energy experts on 0800 597 1500  or  0113 897 0977

Some of the energy efficiency improvements that may be installed to your home:
-Cavity Wall Insulation (CWI) 
-Hard-To-Treat cavity wall insulation
-Loft Insulation 
-External Wall Insulation (EWI) 
-Internal Wall Insulation (IWI) 
-Room- in-roof (RIR) insulation 
-Heating - High Efficiency A-rated Condensing Gas Boiler 
-Renewables e.g. solar PV panels ​


Click to expandCare and Repair - Warm Homes Service Grants

Warm Homes Service grants will provide owner occupiers or privately rented tenants living in Leeds with supplying and installing insulation and heating measures free of charge to those households who can demonstrate they are suffering from an illness or have a disability aggravated by cold and damp conditions.

To find out more contact the Warm Homes Service at Leeds City Council on 0113 391 8336 or visit the website on the link below. ​​

Care and repair website

Click to expandGroundwork Leeds - Green Doctor

The Green Doctor will provide vulnerable households in Leeds with:
- face to face advice  on energy efficiency, grants and other environmental issues. 
- supplying and installing measures such as draught excluders, energy efficient light bulbs, pipe lagging and reflective radiator panels for free

Contact the Green Doctor on 0113 238 0601 or email greendoctorleeds@groundwork.org.uk ​​​

Click to expandGovernment guide to access help and information

The government has issued a simple guide called Helping Consumers with Energy.  The guide aims to help householders towards lowering bills and warming their homes. The guide can be found in the documents section on this page. ​​

To view documents in PDF format you will require the free Download Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader

Did you find the information you were looking for?