At Dewsbury Road One Stop Centre you can get advice on a range of council services face to face. We work with a variety of partners to help bring you the services that you need locally.
More information about these services
- Benefits - information about housing benefit, council tax benefit, free school meals and school clothing vouchers.
- Council tax - bills, discounts, business rates, and how to pay.
- Hate incident reporting - a hate incident is any incident that the victim or any other person believes has been motivated by hatred of race, disability, faith or sexual orientation . You can report hate incidents at a one stop centre rather than at a police station. We work with West Yorkshire Police, Stop Hate UK, Victim Support and Yorkshire MESMAC (sexual health project).
- Housing - repairs, rent accounts, applying for a council house, neighbour problems or any housing enquiries.
- Leeds Housing Options - we hold surgeries every Mon, Wed & Thurs between 9.00- 17.00. Call in to make an appointment or ring 0113 2224412
- Registrar - we can register births and deaths every Tuesday and Friday 9.00 - 12.00. To make an appointment please call 0113 222 4408.
- Social Services - help and advice about services for older people, children and families, disabled people, blue badges and bus passes for disabled people, RADAR keys to access disabled toilets.
- Welfare Rights - advice surgeries for people needing help and advice with welfare benefits and rights. Surgeries are held on Fridays from 10am to 12.00. Surgeries are by appointment only so please telephone 0113 376 0452 or ask a member of staff at the centre to book you an appointment.
- Credit Union -The Leeds City Credit Union is an organisation that provides straightforward, affordable financial services to a growing number of people in Leeds. Credit Union staff are available 8.30 -15.00 Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Area management team/neighbourhood renewal team - do you think you need the streets cleaned more often. Are there enough things for young people to do in your area? What about local crime and disorder? See the link to area management for more details or contact 0113 224 3040.
Additional services at this one stop
- Leeds Counselling Service - every Wed 9.00-15.00 by appointment only - please telephone 01133058306.