We are responsible for dealing with all development proposals from pre-application through to decision, appeals, delivery on site implementation and enforcement. We maintain the planning register of applications and decisions and provide information for land charge searches and permitted development.
We can provide advice and guidance on:-
- pre-application information
- applying for planning permission
- the planning process - what happens to a planning application?
- issues that you need to take into account when applying for planning permission
- how to comment on a planning application - what to include in your comments and what happens to them
- planning fees
- discharge of conditions - these are conditions attached to your permission
- non material amendments - these are small changes to your permission
- planning appeal process
- Plans Panels - what they are and what happens
- enforcing planning control - what happens if planning rules are broken
- viewing planning applications made since 1974 and planning application documents made since 1st January 2009 - to see any documents on applications made before this date you will need to give us 5 working days notice.
We are open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8.30am until 5pm, Wednesday 10am until 5pm and Friday 8.30am until 4.30pm in the Leonardo Building, 2 Rossington Street, Leeds LS2 8HD or you can contact us on email at email@example.com or on 0113 222 4409.
Supply of OS plans for applications.
If you need an OS plan for your application these are available from the map agencies.
Customer Services Excellence
The Development Enquiry Centre has retained Customer Service Excellence Standard since April 2009. This has now been extended to the whole of the Planning Service. The standard is part of a national government initiative that aims to raise the quality of service to customers by testing the ability to deliver the things which customers think are important - timeliness, quality of service, professionalism and staff attitude.