The Design Team is one of five teams that make up Sustainable Development, part of City Development. We provide a creative, professional service working to improve the quality of streets, spaces and buildings throughout Leeds, to create people-friendly places that are attractive, safe and sustainable. We use creative urban design from the outset of the development process, with analysis and design techniques that encourage developers to respond appropriately to the existing context whilst creating excellent new design.
- We advocate strong multi-disciplinary design teams working together creatively to deliver highest quality solutions
- We promote high quality people-friendly places through urban design guidance, design briefs, strategies and policy
- We put forward solutions and influence the outcome of a large number of planning applications
- We proactively seek new opportunities for place-making in Leeds
- We produce creative design proposals to influence the Council’s land development/sale programme, regeneration and improvement projects and partnerships
- We advocate the value of good design through award schemes, training and partnerships