What is the Core Strategy
The Core Strategy is the main document within the Local Development Framework (LDF) and will replace significant number of polices within the existing Leeds Unitary Development Plan (UDP). The Core Strategy sets out the strategic policy framework for the district to 2028 and comprises a long-term spatial vision and strategic objectives, a spatial strategy, thematic policies and a monitoring and implementation framework, with clear objectives for achieving its delivery.
Adopted Core Strategy
The Core Strategy was formally adopted by Leeds City Council on 12th November 2014, been found sound by the Inspector appointed to oversee the public examination process, subject to the inclusion of the main modifications set out in the Appendix 1 to his report. The Core Strategy now forms part of the Development Plan and will be used in determining planning applications. The Council will continue to have regard to the remaining UDP ‘saved’ policies, Appendix 1 of the Core Strategy sets out a list of policies which are now replaced by policies contained within the Core Strategy.
All Local Development Framework (LDF) documents will be directly guided by the Core Strategy policies, including the Site Allocations Plan, Aire Valley Leeds Area Action Plan and Neighbourhood Plans.
Documents can be downloaded from the ‘Documents’ tab to the left of the page
• Adopted Core Strategy
(click on the link to open)
• Adoption Statement
• Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement
• Sustainability Appraisal and addendums to the Sustainability Appraisal
• The Inspector’s Report and Main Modifications
Please note that the adopted Core Strategy is still being formatted for printing; as such, the document will be updated when this is finalised. However, the text within the document will not change. Hard copies will be available in due course.
Core Strategy Preparation
The Core Strategy has been developed over the past few years; the following outlines the key stages in its development:
• Informal Engagement (September - December 2006)
• Issues and Alternative Options consultation (October - December 2007)
• Preferred Approach consultation (October - November 2009)
• Housing Growth Informal consultation (July – September Summer 2011)
• Publication Draft consultation (February – April Spring 2012)
• Pre-Submission changes Consultation (January - February 2013)
• Submission of the Plan to the Planning Inspector (April 2013)
If you require any further details on the Leeds Core Strategy, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org