When we install a stair lift the work will include:
- Fitting a metal track to your stairs to carry the seat
- Fitting a fire door and casing to your bedroom
- Fitting hard wired smoke detectors to the top and bottom of the stairs as well as the main bedroom
- Fitting an escape window to the main bedroom (this may only require the fitting of new hinges to an existing window
- In some cases we may have to change your front door to an outward opening door
- Where a new door and frame are fitted we may need to create a level platform or ramped access to your property
There is little disturbance in the fitting of your stairlift, normally this will only take a day to complete.
Where additional works are required (fire door or outward opening door etc) this work will be completed prior to the stair lift being installed and you will be kept fully informed of dates and timescales.
If in the future you request the removal and refitting of the stairlift as you are replacing your stair carpets, decorating or moving furniture you will be recharged for the cost of this work.