The Wrap Up Leeds team will be on hand to sign residents up for free insulation as they take in the sights and sounds of this weekend’s Leeds Waterfront Festival.
Energy assessors will be based at Thwaite Mills amongst the craft stalls, bouncy castle, live music, boat gathering and bell ringing demonstrations.
On Saturday June 30 and Sunday July 1 the waterfront from Thwaite Mills to Clarence Dock is set to become a hive of activity. So it’s an ideal opportunity for the team to let people know they could be saving energy and money.
If festival-goers live in Leeds and own or rent their home privately, have less than 160mm of loft insulation, and their home has cavity walls, Wrap Up Leeds will install insulation completely free of charge.
Wrap Up Leeds is the council-backed free home insulation scheme, delivered by Yorkshire Energy Services and with funding from EDF Energy.
Councillor Mark Dobson, executive member for the environment said:
“Being out and about at events like the Waterfront Festival means the team can reach a range of different people who could potentially benefit from the scheme.
“We can only insulate 15,000 properties, so it’s vital that people take the free offer before it’s too late.”
Councillor David Blackburn, chair of the council’s cross-party environment and climate change working group said:
“With only three months to go before our offer ends, we need as many as people as possible to sign up for their free, no-obligation survey.
“While people soak up the atmosphere we can help make sure they soak up energy and financial savings with free insulation.”
Even if those enjoying the water-based fun don’t live in Leeds, rent privately or already have insulation, they can still receive £20 of high street shopping vouchers for every friend they recommend to the scheme who goes on to have cavity wall or loft insulation installed.
There’s no limit to how many friends or family members that can be referred. All people have to do is call or email Wrap Up Leeds with their and their friend’s contact details (don’t forget to get their permission to pass those details on first). When you enquire, let the team know you are referring a friend at the start of the call or email.
Wrap Up Leeds can be contacted on 0800 052 0071 or email@example.com or apply online at www.wrapupleeds.co.uk
The 0800 number is free from most landline providers, but may not be free from mobile networks. If you would prefer, please call Wrap Up Leeds on 01484 351 779.
About Wrap Up Leeds
• Wrap Up Leeds is available to all homeowners and privately rented tenants (where landlord’s permission has been granted) in the Leeds City Council area only.
• Free cavity wall insulation, loft insulation (where less than 60mm of loft insulation currently exists) and loft ‘top ups’ (where more than 60mm but less than 160mm of loft insulation currently exists) are available under the scheme.
• A free, technical survey of the property will confirm that the work will definitely be free and much larger properties or those that need extensive scaffolding may be asked to pay a contribution towards the work.
• Savings of £1,653,750 on energy bills is estimated to be saved from Wrap Up Leeds which is based on installing cavity wall insulation in 6,000 homes, laying insulation in over 3,000 empty lofts and ‘topping up’ a further 5,850 lofts.
• The ‘refer a friend’ offer applies to anyone. Anyone can refer a friend regardless of whether they have had insulation installed themselves. £20 high street shopping vouchers will be given to the referrer. The vouchers will only be honoured if the friend’s property is insulated with at least one measure under the Wrap up Leeds scheme. The referral must be made before the application is processed. The referrer’s name, address and telephone number, must be provided with the referral. The referral must be made by returning the card or giving details over the phone.
For media enquiries please contact:
Amanda Burns, Leeds City Council press office (0113) 247 5704
Ellie Lyon, Yorkshire Energy Services Marketing Executive on 01484 352010