The clock is now ticking for anyone who has yet to contact Wrap Up Leeds for their free insulation.
The council-backed scheme offering free cavity wall and loft insulation comes to end on 26 October.
With only a matter of weeks to spare, people who own their own home or rent privately that would like to benefit from reduced fuel bills and a warmer home are being encouraged to contact the Wrap Up Leeds team.
Councillor Mark Dobson, executive member for the environment said:
“Time is beginning to run out for anyone who has yet to take advantage of the scheme.
“With up to £300 a year off your energy bills and the potential to help Leeds become a cleaner, greener city you’ve got nothing to lose by giving the team a call.”
Councillor David Blackburn, chair of the council’s cross-party environment and climate change working group said:
“This is an inclusive scheme as the only criteria that people need to meet are that they own or rent their home privately and that their home is capable of having insulation fitted.
“Insulation is one of the most effective ways we can permanently move people out of fuel poverty and cut emissions across the city.
“If you haven’t already been in touch to find out if you could benefit, I’d urge you to do so before it’s too late.”
Anyone in any doubt about the benefits of free insulation or the scheme should be reassured by the experience of Wrap Up Leeds’ 5000th customer, Janet Crisp.
Energy conscious Janet had free loft insulation installed in her Beeston home and she is expected to save around £175 a year on her fuel bills.
Having read about the scheme in her local paper, Janet was sceptical at first.
“I don’t really believe in free things; there is always a catch with offers like that but I thought I would give this scheme a go. This is the first time I’ve ever taken advantage of a free offer so I was amazed when it really did turn out to be completely free!”
Janet’s loft insulation was installed by Dyson Energy Services, one of only three approved contractors working on the scheme and having never been in her loft herself, she was more than happy with their work.
“They were very helpful. Apparently there was an old fire place up there and a few boxes full of Christmas decorations which the men from Dyson’s kindly removed for me. They really were a very nice team and they made sure they cleared up after themselves. I couldn’t have been happier with their level of service.”
“Everyone was very helpful right from the first conversation I had on the phone through to completion. The whole Wrap Up Leeds team was spot on.
“Seeing the council logo on their advert, certainly reassured me that it wasn’t a con by some ‘fly by night’ operation.
“I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this service to a friend. This service is great and if you live alone you can be assured that you will be getting a friendly, professional service walking through your door.”
People can also still benefit from the refer a friend offer. If you refer a friend or family member to Wrap Up Leeds and they go on to have cavity wall or loft insulation installed, you’ll receive a £20 high street shopping voucher.
Community groups and schools can also benefit from the same refer a friend scheme.
Call 0800 052 0071 to find out how to get your free insulation.
The 0800 number is free from most landline providers, but may not be free from mobile networks. If you would prefer, please call Wrap Up Leeds on 01484 351 779.
Or contact Wrap Up Leeds on email@example.com or apply online at www.wrapupleeds.co.uk.
About Wrap Up Leeds
- Wrap Up Leeds is available to all homeowners and privately renting tenants (where landlord’s permission has been granted) in the Leeds City Council area only.
- Free cavity wall insulation, loft insulation (where less than 60mm of loft insulation currently exists) and loft ‘top up’s’ (where more than 60mm but less than 160mm of loft insulation currently exists) are available under the scheme.
- A free, technical survey of the property will confirm that the work will definitely be free and much larger properties or those that need extensive scaffolding may be asked to pay a contribution towards the work.
- Savings of £1,653,750 on energy bills is estimated to be saved from Wrap Up Leeds which is based on installing cavity wall insulation in 6,000 homes, laying insulation in over 3,000 empty lofts and ‘topping up’ a further 5,850 lofts.
- The ‘refer a friend’ offer applies to individuals, schools and community groups. Anyone can refer a friend regardless of whether they have had insulation installed themselves. £20 high street shopping vouchers will be given to the referrer. The vouchers will only be honoured if the friend’s property is insulated with at least one measure under the Wrap up Leeds scheme. The referral must be made before the application is processed. The referrer’s name, address and telephone number, must be provided with the referral. The referral must be made by returning the card or giving details over the phone.
For media enquiries please contact:
Amanda Burns, Leeds City Council press office (0113) 395 1577