Leeds City Council
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Street Collection Permits

Licence Summary

To collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes in England or Wales, you may need a street collection licence from your local council.

Eligibility Criteria

Applications must be in the form prescribed by the local authority.

Regulation Summary

Application Evaluation Process

You can download an application form from this webpage. Please submit your application to us at least 28 days before the proposed collection. After the collection has been held a return form, signed by an accountant, detailing the amount collected and any expenses incurred, needs to be submitted to the council within one month. The relevant return form will be sent when your permit is issued.

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Yes.  This means you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of the target completion period which is 29 days from receipt of correctly completed application form.

Forms to download, print, post or email 

You can download the following forms by clicking the arrow in the documents section on this page. Once completed you can send to us by email: entertainment.licensing@leeds.gov.uk or post: Leeds City Council, Entertainment Licencing, Civic Hall, Leeds. LS1 1UR.


Should there be any question or concern about your application it may be referred to the Council's Licensing Committee for a decision.  If this happens, you will be contacted with notice of the date.  Should you have a complaint about a Street Collector, the PFRA will give you advice.

Public Registers or databases

Leeds City Council does not hold a public register of street collections online, but if you contact us we will be able to provide information over the phone.

Use of Personal Data

We are under a duty to protect the public funds we administer and may use the information you have provided in your application for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.