Leeds Housing Options is part of Leeds City Council and we work to support people with their housing needs.
We run a scheme which helps people find suitable private rented accommodation in Leeds. The majority of people who use our service are in receipt of Housing Benefit and we experience a high demand each day from customers looking for suitable accommodation in the private sector.
The scheme we run has major benefits to landlords or letting agents who chose to promote their property through us:
- We guarantee you direct payment of Housing Benefit for your tenant from the beginning of the tenancy.
- We fast track Housing Benefit claims so they are put into payment much faster, as opposed to potentially waiting up to 6 weeks to receive a payment.
- To help people access the private rented market, instead of charging a bond we cover you for up to one month’s rent for damage to your property or loss of rent.
- Our scheme as an opportunity for landlords to increase their chances of finding a tenant. There is no obligation to accept a tenant that we find for you and there is also nothing stopping you finding your own tenant independent of the scheme.
- We ensure background checks are completed on all potential tenants that come through our scheme and we can disclose to you relevant information, such as past criminal convictions or former rent arrears.
Before a property is promoted to people through our scheme we require that the property is inspected to make sure it meets minimum housing standards. This inspection is free and if your property fails you will be given guidance on how to make your property suitable to let.
We ask that landlords who are not already members of the Leeds Landlord Accreditation Scheme agree to become a member within three months of joining our scheme.
If you have a property and you are interested in letting it through our Private Sector Lettings Scheme please give us a call on 0113 247 6311. You can also email us at email@example.com for more information on the scheme and help with joining. We look forward to hearing from you.