Leeds City Council
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

There are no related pages available for the current page. If you are looking for specific page, please try the AtoZ council services.

Commercial noise nuisance

If you are bothered by commercial noise problems, for example from a pub, club or factory, phone us on 0113 222 4406 during office hours, (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday) or 0113 3950143 (at all other times).

If you want to report a residential noise problem or anti-social behaviour please visit www.leeds.gov.uk/antisocialbehaviour​​

The service is available to everyone but for legal reasons we cannot accept anonymous complaints. The details of your complainant will be kept confidential during the investigation, although if the evidence obtained shows the existence of a statutory nuisance a statement from yourself will be required to support any action taken by this Department. This may require you to give evidence in court. In cases where noise nuisance has been proved an abatement notice will be served. If this notice is breached the perpetrator can be taken to court and prosecuted and a fine imposed. The fine can be up to £20,000.

If you email us or report noise online we aim to respond within 5 working days. To report urgent issues you should call us.​