Marriage Approved Premises Registration
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Marriage Approved Premises Registration

If you would like to use your business premises to hold civil partnership ceremonies or wedding you will need to be approved by us. You must be the proprietor or a trustee of the premises to apply for permission. The application must be in writing on the prescribed form and include a plan of the premises which clearly identifies the room or rooms in which the proceedings will occur. A fee may be payable.

Information on marriage approved premises can be found in the legislation.

If we do not receive any adverse reports when we consult upon your application it will be granted in 28 days. If you have not heard from us by that point please call us and we can tell you what is happening with your application.

A list of Marriage Approved Premises is available on request by emailing

Current Applications

There are currently no applications being processed.


Click to expandApply to register a premises to be used for marriage ceremonies


If you would like to apply to use your premises for marriages you will need to complete the relevant application forms. There is a form to be completed for secular premises (Word doc 149KB) and one to be completed for religious premises (Word doc 160KB). We have some guidance (PDF 283KB) on how to fill in the application. We also have a fees document (PDF 246KB), and you may also like to read the Registrar General’s Guidance (PDF 103KB).

If you would like to make your application online and pay online you can do that on the Government website or you can send us completed applications forms to us by email to and we can take your payment over the phone on 0113 378 5029. You can also post us your application and pay by cheque. Our address is:

Leeds City Council
Entertainment Licensing
Civic Hall

Click to expandConsumer Protection


Should you have cause for complaint in relation to licensed premises, we would always recommend that you write to the business first. If that does not work please contact us and providing it is a matter covered by the legislation, we can investigate the complaint for you.​

Click to expandUse of Personal Data

​​We are under a duty to protect the public funds we administer and to this end may use the information you have provided in your application for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.​

To view documents in PDF format you will require the free Download Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader

Did you find the information you were looking for?