We must publish a statement of licensing policy under Section 5 of the Licensing Act 2003 in consultation with a wide range of people including representatives of existing licence holders, local businesses and local residents. We are required to carry out our licensing functions with a view to promoting four licensing objectives which are:
- the prevention of crime and disorder
- public safety
- the prevention of public nuisance
- the protection of children from harm
The policy covers licensable activities as defined by the Act which are
- the retail sale of alcohol
- the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club
- the provision of regulated entertainment
- the provision of late night refreshment (between the hours of 11pm and 5am)
You can download a copy of our 'Statement of Licensing Policy' from the documents section. The policy was approved at a meeting of full Council on 15 January 2014. It is reviewed every five years, or more often if necessary. A copy of the policy can be found in the Documents section of this page.
The council is currently consulting on some changes to the Licensing Policy.
Until the 8 April 2016 you can comment on a proposal to put in place a cumulative impact policy in Armley. We would like to know if a CIP in Armley is supported by local residents and businesses and if you think it will help. You could tell us if you think there is something else we can do to help. The consultation documents can be found on this page (Armley CIP Consultation Pack) and packs can be picked up from Armley One Stop Shop.
Your comments should be made in writing and sent:
- by letter to Entertainment Licensing, Leeds City Council, Civic Hall, Leeds, LS1 1UR
- or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by using the online form
- or by filling in the questionnaire in the documents section and sending it to Entertainment Licensing, Leeds City Council, Civic Hall, Leeds, LS1 1UR
We are also working on some changes to the policy to do with the City Centre CIP and investigating some further work around Harehills. Please check back for details of those consultations.