LLAS is a voluntary scheme for landlords with rental properties in Leeds. It is operated for the council by the Residential Landlords' Association (RLASS Ltd). The aims of the scheme are to encourage and promote good standards of property management in privately rented accommodation and provide prompt dispute resolution.
As a member you will agree to:
- abide by the scheme's codes
- provide RLASS Ltd with a list of properties you own (in confidence) for the purpose of enabling compliance checks
- provide access to properties for RLASS Ltd to carry out compliance checks
- ensure that properties are free from conditions which are hazardous to health and safety
- ensure all your properties meet the requirements of the scheme, or alternatively;
- where landlords’ properties are not fully compliant, apply for a concession and agree a timetable of property improvements
- be committed to partnership working
Members of the LLAS will be provided with a package of benefits, details of which can be found on the RLASS website in the 'External links' section or by telephone through the 'Contact Us' section. Further information can be found in the Spring 2015 newsletter in the 'Documents' section.