LLAS is a voluntary property-based scheme for private residential landlords with rental properties in Leeds. It is operated on behalf of the council by the Residential Landlords' Association (RLASS Ltd).
The aims of the scheme are to encourage, acknowledge and promote good standards of property management and conditions within privately rented accommodation and prompt dispute resolution.
Members will agree to:
- provide RLAAS Ltd with a list of properties they own (which will be held in strictest confidence for the sole purpose of enabling compliance checks to be carried out);
- provide access to properties for RLAAS Ltd to carry out compliance checks;
- ensure that properties are not in a condition that is liable to be hazardous to the health and safety of tenants, visitors or members of the community;
- ensure all their properties meet the requirements of the scheme, or alternatively;
- where a minority of a landlords’ properties are not fully compliant, apply for a concession and agree a property improvement plan to improve, within a reasonable timescale, any property that does not fully meet the requirements of the scheme and accordingly inform any prospective new tenants of this arrangement; and
- be committed to partnership working.
Members of the LLAS will be provided with a package of benefits exclusively to participating landlords to enhance their business and provide access to a range of our services. For full details of the LLAS scheme and benefits of membership, please visit the RLASS website in the 'External links' section or telephone 0844 8871406
Use the 'External links' section to find out about the NLA and RLA.