Leeds Landlords' Accreditation Scheme (LLAS) is a voluntary scheme for landlords with rental properties in Leeds. It is operated for the council by the Residential Landlords' Association (RLASS Ltd). The aims of the scheme are to encourage and promote good standards of property management in privately rented accommodation and provide prompt dispute resolution.
As a member you will agree to:
- abide by the scheme's codes
- provide RLASS Ltd with a list of properties you own (in confidence) for the purpose of enabling compliance checks
- provide access to properties for RLASS Ltd to carry out compliance checks
- ensure that properties are free from conditions which are hazardous to health and safety
- ensure all your properties meet the requirements of the scheme, or alternatively;
- where landlords’ properties are not fully compliant, apply for a concession and agree a timetable of property improvements
- be committed to partnership working
Members of the LLAS will be provided with a package of benefits, details of which can be found on the RLASS website or by telephone using the number in the Contact us section on this page. Further information can be found in the LLAS scheme information document (PDF 658KB).
Other sources of information you may find useful are:
- Leeds Landlord Accreditation Scheme - allows new landlords to register as members with this scheme. The site also contains more information about the benefits and purpose of the scheme
- National Landlords Association - provides support and advice for a national network of Landlords with regards to their statutory rights and responsibilities
- Safer Leeds - the city's community safety partnership. Contains information and advice on issues of crime and safety in Leeds
- Unipol - a national student housing charity, set up to give students advice and to help them search for accommodation. Landlords can sign up to advertise their properties via this website
Apply for a parking permit
Landlords who are part of the Leeds Landlords' Accreditation Scheme can apply for a residents’ parking permit to use when visiting properties they own or manage that are located within the residents permit zones.