Leeds City Council
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

There are no related pages available for the current page. If you are looking for specific page, please try the AtoZ council services.

To view documents in PDF format you will require the free Download Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader

Language Access Provision

Single Image Display

We want to make our services accessible to people who do not speak English.

We do this by providing interpreters to help people understand things, such as their legal rights, medical advice or their financial or other responsibilities.

Speaking to the council

If you would like to speak to someone in your own language about a council service, please use the "contact us" tab at the top of this page to speak to one of our advisors.

We will ask you to tell us which language you speak, so that we can arrange for someone to speak to you on the telephone. 

We can also arrange for someone to speak with you at one of the council’s one stop centres across the city.  Please see the contact us tab at the top of the page for a list of one stop centre locations or you can use the "where I live" tab to find your nearest one stop centre.

Supporting other public services

We also provide an interpreting and translation service for other public services.

If your organisation needs an interpreter, please note that there is a charge for the service. Please see the downloads tab below for the list of our charges.

Learning English

If you are interested in learning English there are a number of organisations in Leeds that may be able to help. Please look at the external links section at the right of this page for further information.