Our vision to best city for business is supported by a number of key development projects, tackling key sectors and infrastructure to drive our economic growth:
- Aire Valley Enterprise Zone: The Aire Valley Leeds Enterprise Zone, is already attracting strong interest from companies looking to expand in the region. The zone offers 142 hectares of prime employment land with a strong development team, an excellent location and a package of benefits for growing companies.
- Victoria Gate: This £600 million, one million square foot retail-led scheme in the city centre will create 4,000 new jobs and will be anchored by John Lewis.
- First Direct Arena: the 13,500 capacity venue opened in 2013, creating an estimated 500 new jobs and contributing £25.5 million each year to the local economy.
- Trinity Leeds: the £350 million retail development was the only major retail development that opened in the UK in 2013. It delivered one million sq ft of prime retail and leisure space, creating 3,000 new jobs.
- Leeds Innovation Health Hub: This programme is being developed by a partnership of public and private organisations. It is focused on developing Leeds’ role as a world leading hub in medical and healthcare innovation through; active networking, creating new facilities such as a Science Park, and working to strengthen the profile and reputation of Leeds through marketing and inward investment projects.
- Broadband initiatives in Leeds: Leeds is involved in two significant projects to bring high speed broadband to Leeds - the BDUK Local Broadband Plan and the Super Connected Cities Project. The Local Broadband Plan is available in the Documents section.