Hypnotism Licence
  • A to Z
  • Newsroom
  • Contact us
  • Accessibility
  • A- A+

Hypnotism Licence

If you want to hire a hypnotist to put on a show for you at your pub or club, you will have to apply for a Hypnotism Licence (Word doc 197KB). You can read the legislation that relates to hypnotism licences on the Government website.​​​

Click to expandApply for a new licence


If you would like to apply for a hypnotist licence you will need to complete the application form (Word doc 197KB). There are some conditions (PDF 16KB) attached to all hypnotism licences that you can read. There is no fee for a hypnotism licence, but you will have to supply details about the hypnotist’s public liability insurance, professional memberships and details of the hypnotist’s last three performances.

You can’t make your application online yet but you can send us completed applications forms by email to entertainment.licensing@leeds.gov.uk. You can also post us your application to:

Leeds City Council
Entertainment Licensing
Civic Hall


If you have not heard from us within 60 days of making your application, you can assume that your licence has been granted.

Click to expandConsumer Protection


Should you have cause for complaint in relation to licensed premises, we would always recommend that you write to the business first. If that does not work please contact us and providing it is a matter covered by the legislation, we can investigate the complaint for you.​

Click to expandUse of Personal Data

​​We are under a duty to protect the public funds we administer and to this end may use the information you have provided in your application for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.​

To view documents in PDF format you will require the free Download Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader

Did you find the information you were looking for?