The 2014-15 financial information booklet is available in the Documents section.
Business rates are the way in which businesses contribute to the cost of local services.
Although collected by local authorities the amount payable is determined by central government. The government department responsible for business rates is the Department of Communities and Local Government. Further information regarding business rates and the rates retention scheme which started in April 2013 can be found on the website in the External links section.
The Related Pages section provides more information on:
- how business rates are calculated;
- how to appeal against the rateable value;
- how to set up a direct debit;
- business rates sent by email;
- small business rate relief; and
- help with business rates if you are having problems paying.
- relief from business rates, including the new retail relief
If you wish to notify us of your liability for business rates or if you can't find the information you require please use the Contact us section to email us or phone us on 0113 2476983.