***** The 2013-14 financial information booklet is available in the download section below****
Business rates are the way in which businesses contribute to the cost of local services.
Although collected by local authorities the amount payable is determined by central government. The Government department responsible for business rates is the Department of Communities and Local Government. Further information regarding business rates and the rates retention scheme which starts in April 2013 can be found on the website under External links on the right hand side.
The related pages below give information on:
- how business rates are calculated
- how to appeal against the rateable value
- how to set up a direct debit
- business rates sent by email
- small business rate relief
- help with business rates if you are having problems paying.
If you can't find the information you need then please contact us by e-mail below or telephone 0113 2476983